Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
All original material on this site is released under a Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 United States license.
You are free to use any code snippets or sample programs obtained on this site as you see fit, with the one stipulation that you should not apply a more restrictive license on your derivative works. In other words, don't GPL or close-source what I give freely.
The materials on this web site are provided "as is". I make no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaim and negate all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, I do not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on this web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall I be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on this Internet site, even if I or an authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on this web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. I do not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. I may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. I do not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
I have not reviewed all of the sites linked to this web site and am not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
Any claim relating to this web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Michigan without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, I will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- I will collect and make use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by the page in question, unless I obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- I will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- I will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- I will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- I will make readily available to users information about my policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
I am committed to maintaining this website in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
I currently leverage Google Analytics to provide site metrics. To quote the mighty Google:
Google Analytics is Google's free web analytics tool that mainly helps website owners to understand how their visitors engage with their website. It also sets cookies on the domain of the site you are visiting. It uses a set of cookies with names like
__utmzto collect information anonymously and report website trends without identifying individual visitors.
If you want to learn some the technical details of Analytics, check out https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage . The key takeaways are:
- You are NEVER personally-identified in any tracking data Google collects on my behalf, and
- I do NOT retain any tracking data on my site.